Holds can be placed on items currently on loan, or available at another campus (special collection items and laptops excluded).
To request a hold on an item:
- Search the Library Catalogue and find the item
- Select the Request button, located under the ‘Get It’ heading:
- Select the campus from which you will collect the item (Note: items that are located on the shelf cannot be placed on hold for collection from the same campus. E.g. if the item is available on the shelf at Magill, you cannot place a hold request to be collected from Magill. You will need to select a different campus for your hold request.)
- Select a date after which the item will no longer be needed (if relevant)
- Leave a comment for the Librarian if there is any extra information they should know
- Click Request
Note: Students eligible for Off Campus Library (OCLS) delivery service should select the pickup location as Off Campus Library Service and the item will be posted to you.
An email will be sent as soon as the item is available for collection from your requested pickup location and will be held for 4 days.
You can view the status and expiry date of your requested items, as well as cancel any requests no longer needed by logging into myLibrary.