When searching for information think about they keywords or phrases that describe your topic. You can combine your keywords to enhance your search using connectors such as AND, OR for example
- "global warming" AND Australia
- "global warming" OR "climate change"
- To search for phrases, use double quotes e.g. "global warming"
- To find variants of a word use the * symbol e.g. ethic* finds ethic, ethics, ethical etc.
- To find different spellings of a word use the ? symbol in place of a letter e.g. organi?ation finds organisation or organization
- To exclude words or phrases use NOT e.g. Java NOT Indonesia
- In the catalogue as well as many databases you can use the drop down menu next to the search box to search within specific fields such as title, author, keyword or subject term